About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Thursday, November 06, 2008

SO SAD

I am sad that so many people voted to destroy families because they don't look like their own.

Can you imagine waking up next to your spouse on Wednesday and no longer being married?

It makes me ill that so many Christian groups lobbied so hard and dumped so much money into a campaign to destroy families. It makes me ill that so many people are still so filled with hate.

"Protect our children" is what we have heard so often. Protect them from the gay people. Because gay people will make my kids gay? Do they really think that? Really? Don't they know that gender orientation isn't contagious?

I'm more concerned about hateful attitudes, which by the way, ARE contagious. How can I protect my children from the hatred?

Separation of Church and State. Say it with me. Separation of Church and State.

For what it is worth, to all the gay and lesbian couples who have made a commitment to one another, I recognize and respect your marriage, even if our government doesn't.

It looks like gay is the new black. :(

2 comments:

Torina said...

Here here. Nicely said.

Anonymous said...

Separation of Church and State. Say it with me. Separation of Church and State.

You are so right --- the ONLY way to make an argument against gay marriage is with religion --- which violates the separation of church and state. Ooooooo, it makes me mad!

At least there is still Massachusetts!