About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Sunday, November 09, 2008

INCOGNITO

The other day I went into the grocery to nab some more free stuff. I didn't want to draw any more undue attention to myself, so I decided on two very small transactions, and I added some things to the order so they wouldn't be completely free.

Checking out went well, and I brought the groceries out the the van filled with my waiting family. The family reported that they were doing well and didn't mind if I ran in just one more time, with the exception of Katherine, so she came with me.

I chose basically the same foods as the first trip, varying only the "filler" items. The cashier rang everything through, took my coupons, and paused. She looked again at my food, then again at the coupons, and said, "This is really weird! There was a woman here not that long ago. She bought this exact same food, and she had these exact same coupons! She was here like, twenty minutes ago!"

"Well", I said "it is a fabulous deal!"

As my order was completed and the future coupons printed she exclaimed, "You only paid a dollar for all this food. And that is a dollar total, with two orders! And the machine printed out the exact same coupons for her as it is giving you now!"

"Yeah, wow, that is weird" I said looking at my shoes.

Katherine thankfully waited until we walked away to note, "It was you. YOU were the other woman!"

hehe





..

No comments: