About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Monday, February 04, 2008

UPDATE ON VISITING WITH THE GIRLS

I finally got a call from the GAL about the girls. It was a sad call.

While they are happy and doing well, Amy continues to be VERY stressed and anxious. (No kidding! How long had I been saying that was an issue for her? But when I reported it I was the cause of the problem!) Okay, so she's on medication, the case is still a mess, and the psychiatrist is insisting on NO changes, which means they cannot visit with us. Interestingly enough, neither has started therapy. GRRRRR. Thank god I'm out of that mess!

The GAL seemed very concerned with our family and how we are, and assured us that the girls wanted to come visit, and also that she wanted to bring them. She said the reason that she hadn't gotten right back to us was the hope that the psychiatrist would change her mind.

As I type it occurs to me how interesting it was that the visits to the home where she is now were causing her to freak out, and instead of limiting or eliminating them I was told that she just had to suck it up and deal with it.

I can't think about this anymore. I'm ready to start swearing again.

1 comment:

FosterAbba said...

CWS is always looking out for the "best interests" of the kids.

Yeah, right.

I'm sorry you have to go through this. It really stinks.