About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

MY NEIGHBORHOOD MEN

A few weeks ago the Neighborhood Guy (not to be confused with the Neighborhood Husbands) was here to fix something that the Neighborhood Guy specializes in. Talking to me and finding out the “symptoms” of the problem was crucial to understanding how to fix said problem.

Molly and I were sitting on the couch. Well, I was doing the sitting and Molly was nursing, as she is whenever she is awake, and sometimes when she is sleeping too. Neighborhood Guy is standing nearby, talking to me, saying how cute the baby is when he suddenly realized what she is doing. He yells out, “OH MY GOD! SHE’S FEEDING!!!!” as he ran from screaming the room. Literally. Gary and I couldn’t help but laugh. Gary tried to encourage him to come back. He told him, “She’s very discreet. You can’t SEE anything” Neighborhood Guy told him he didn’t care if he could see or not, he didn’t even want to KNOW about it! He had to find out about the problem by yelling to me from the kitchen.

Today a Neighborhood Husband called with a problem. He needed another Neighborhood Husband to come help right away. Gary wasn’t home and Neighborhood Husband wasn’t sure who to call. I told him, “Call Neighborhood Guy!” and spouted off his number. From memory.

Hopefully Neighborhood Husband was too immersed in his semi emergency that he didn’t notice that I have Neighborhood Guy’s number on speed dial in my head. How embarrassing is that?!?!?!?!

1 comment:

Tudu said...

ROFLMAO!! I have seen men scream and run from a nursing baby and others stare w/o control over themselves. It is so funny.