About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

DISTURBING VIDEO AND ARTICLE

Fair enough, Yondalla!

The first is about the true cost of consumerism and will hopefully make people think about being better stewards of our planet, more responsible neighbors, and conscientious shoppers.

STUFF

The second is just disturbing, but important information about how our government and big business really has no interest in keeping us safe. The point? Eat organic? That's a start. I don't really know what the solution is, but the more people who know about the problems are more people who can come up with a solution. So go read!


FOOD WOES

2 comments:

Yondalla said...

Um...I'm not going to look at something if the only motivation I have is that it is disturbing.

I mean that is right up there with, "Oh. The milk has gone bad, smell it."

Anonymous said...

I read "Food Woes" and (if you want to skip reading it Yondalla) Innocent Observer is right on: EAT ORGANIC and local as much as you can afford to! For me, sadly, that's not much. Also, any time you can take political or community action to make things better and eliminate GMOs, it will help you and your kids have a healthier future. Spread the word.

Innocent observer, The Story of Stuff was a great!!!!!!! It was a shorter, gentler, less angry version of THE END OF SUBURBIA: Oil Depletion and the Collapse of The American Dream which was also worth viewing.