About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

WOW, I'M WORDY TONIGHT!

Tomorrow: I am getting my hair cut. It's the first time in about two years that I have scored an appointment with the only person who has ever cut my hair "right". And! The kids go back to school after 5 days home with bitter cold temps preventing anyone from playing outside!!!

Feeling: Very tired tonight. And hungry. Not happy about always feeling hungry and really not happy that those cookies in front of me are 100 calories for one little cookie. That is totally NOT FAIR.

Happy Because: I was gifted a turkey which we roasted (in my new roaster that I love!) on Sunday. One Monday we had a fabulous turkey soup, tonight we had turkey pie, and tomorrow we look forward to barbecue turkey sandwiches.

Today I: Took Noah and Katherine to see the doctor. They called to confirm the appointment for the wrong time, but I went with it because that was the easiest thing to do. Katherine and Noah are totally fine and we had nothing interesting to talk to the doctor about, but Molly and Matthew are very sick and would have benefited from a visit with the doctor. Sigh.

Laundry: Holy crap. I am so tired and completely forgot about the 5 or 10 loads waiting patiently on my bed for me to fold and put away. Crap crap crap. So much for sleep.

Something I know: How about something I don't know? I don't know if we will ever foster again. I don't even know if I want to.

Currently reading: Time magazine. Mom sent me a subscription and I love it, but it comes faster than I can read it!

Wanting: Can't think of anything...oh, a pressure canner to can the 150 pounds of chicken sitting on my front steps. Yes. Really.

Favorite gadget: Recently my iron as the kids have been addicted to Perler beads. Although we bought a fryer and used it for the first time last week. It was super fun!

Thankful that: The Universe loves me so!

Wondering why: I wonder how, I wonder when, but not often why. I can come up with a hypothesis for most anything when I ask "why?". Usually it's just, "because".

1 comment:

junglemama said...

BTW, I have a turkey thawing right now. :)

About your previous post that I commented on, just look at the inspiration you have given me. That counts from something. :)