About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

FAVORITE THINGS PARTY

One of my friend's who reads here called today, inquiring about the names we have picked out for the new baby. I told her we don't have any.

"Oh as if! Of course you have names picked out. You just don't want to tell me!"

"Okay. You would know better than I would" I sarcastically replied.

It wasn't until I got off the phone that it occurred to me, if I did have names and didn't want to tell her, I would say so. It surprises me that she thinks I would hide the fact that I have names picked out simply to avoid telling her. No, and she should know me well enough to know that being shy and avoiding confrontation are not really my issues. You can't see, but I am sticking out my tongue here!

In other news, we are going to have this super cool party and I want to share the details with you, internet.

On (date) I am hosting a Favorite Things Party.

Here is how it will work:

If you would like to participate it is essential that you RSVP so that we can have an accurate head count in advance to give people time to shop for bargains and get creative.

Everyone will purchase enough of their favorite thing for each guest, with a price point of around $5 per item. I think 8 guests would be the maximum, so the total price to participate will be around $40. At first this seemed like a lot of money to me, but then I thought about what I would spend to go out to dinner with friends, or even go to a “home party” where it is expected that something be purchased and $40 really didn’t seem so bad after all.

Your item can be what ever you would like. Some examples are: candles, bath towels, pedicure kits, lotions and bath salts, dishcloths, tea or cocoa, mugs...be creative!

We will play fun games and eat yummy food in addition to leaving with a basket filled with all our favorite things.

Bring (# to be announced) of the same item with a price point of around $5 each. Please wrap items loosely in tissue paper.





The biggest stinker is that I SO BADLY want to talk about my ideas with friends and get feedback for something I am making and there isn't anyone to talk to. Waaa. Can't even post it here because of real life readers. Sigh. oh well, just tell me how great it looks and how pretty it is and I'll feel better.

No comments: