About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Monday, April 23, 2007

READERS DON'T CARE, AND NEITHER DO I

I often think of the blogging how to book, “No one cares what you ate for lunch”. So in honor of that book title that is occupying my brain, here goes.

I went to Big G’s for breakfast with H, her H’s Aunt and H’s Mother. I ordered one egg over easy with hash, hash browns, and wheat toast. I only ate the hash and hash browns and left the egg and toast on my plate. The thing is, I don’t really want the toast and certainly not the egg (eww) but I really want the hash and the hash browns, and to my brain it makes much more sense to order it this way. Sometimes I will order avocado on the side and then I will use the bread to scoop up the avocado, but I never eat the egg (eww).

For dinner we went to Applebee’s for their kid’s night. I ordered the Weight Watchers Steak with Portobello and was pleasantly surprised buy how yummy it was. At 300 calories for the whole dish I did not have high expectations, but now that I am thinking about it, I am so sure that it had at least twice that amount of calories. But it was yummy, and that is all that matters. (No, I am not dieting, I just felt like something light and at 300 calories somehow a steak seemed to fit the bill. Now that is funny.)

Oh, I almost forgot, for lunch I had a slice of turkey, two slices of tomato and some shredded cheddar with garlic powder and oregano on toasted bread. Yummy.

There, I feel better now.

No comments: