About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WEATHER, WAIT A MINUTE

Remember last week how it was snowing? Well today, in Maine, on April 22, H and A got sunburned. Geesh. It never even occurred to me that I would need to slather them with sun block…in April…in Maine.

We went to Freeport this week and had a great time swimming in the pool and shopping at the outlets. We had two suites to stay in so we didn’t spend any money on eating out, instead we made T-bone steaks, baked potatoes, and ceasar salad in our rooms. Mmm. The hotel offered a free breakfast that was actually pretty good. It was so nice to roll out of bed and be able to eat breakfast with no driving and no prep work.


I bought an insane amount of clothing for the girls at the outlets. Our first trip to one particular store landed up with three HUGE bags for a mere $30. I added up the retail value and we had over $500 worth of merchandise, including 3 winter jackets for next year. I was so impressed that we decided to venture back the next day. Only this time instead of limiting myself to the 99-cent racks I headed over to the $1.99 and $4.99 section. We left with one huge bag and one tiny bag for $70. I am so disgusted by my overindulgence that I have not even looked in the bags yet to add up the retail value, but I suspect it will be far less than my $500 for $30. I was able to snag two pairs of Oshkosh shoes for Matthew for only $7, and Gary hit Beans for some new pants that he desperately needed.

We didn’t see any of the sites that we intended to, and despite being about a mile down the road, we didn’t even go see Eartha. I have nothing more exciting to report of our vacation then shopping and free breakfast.

1 comment:

Woman with Kids said...

You didn't miss much, the thrill of Eartha lasts about 3 minutes. Great job on the deals! I love Freeport, and Miyako's for sushi... yummy.