About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Monday, April 30, 2007

McKerry

Tonight I took Joshua, Noah, and Katherine out to dinner. On the way home they asked if we could stop at McDonalds for an ice cream, so we did. While waiting in the drive through Joshua noticed an ambulance in the parking lot and yelled out, “someone has high cholesterol!”

They all had a good laugh over Joshua’s joke and made several more about how McDonalds was now employing full time EMTs while I was distracted with paying (and trying to read all the signs they post for employees inside. Does anyone else do this?). Several minutes later Joshua says, “hey, you used to work there, didn’t you?”

“Uh, yeah, I did, a long time ago, for just a short time when I was very young. I think I was only 14.”

“Did you drive?” he asked.

“No, my mother would drop me off early every morning.”

“Well then, what did you DO?”

“What did I do? Well, I worked the register and took people’s money, gave them French fries and cheeseburgers…although usually it was breakfast and…”

“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? You gave people cheeseburgers? Did the cholesterol HELP them? And you took their money on the AMBULANCE?”

Then it was all so clear. The boys were asking about my brief stint as an EMT while I was busy talking about McKerry. Huge difference between the two!

As a side note to those who don’t care, we went to Applebee’s and I again had the (supposed) 320 calorie steak. Seriously, someone needs to do one of those undercover news investigations because there is no way that a steak with mushrooms and gravy, with a head of broccoli and about a cup of garlic roasted potatoes can contain less calories than a peanut butter sandwich.

No comments: