About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Thursday, March 01, 2007

FAST FOOD TOWN SQUARE

Last night we took the children out for fast food. At the restaurant we ran into a little girl who looked familiar. Then I remembered that she was in kindergarten with Katherine. I spoke to the Dad who mentioned that next year she would be going to a certain private school, where my very good friend’s husband happens to be the principal. For some reason I couldn’t remember their last name, and a woman from across the restaurant yells it out. She knows who we are speaking of because her daughter goes to this school. We get to talking and find out that she is a former foster parent. The only reason she gave it up was due to a life threatening stress induced medical condition. She and her husband are grateful that this awful thing happened to her, because if it didn’t, they would not have stopped providing foster care and suspect that the husband would be either dead or insane due to the stress. She said his personality changed in they years that they served as foster parents, and now that they are done both feel as good as they did before they started. This was a huge wake up call for us. Then the original case worker arrived and sat at the table next to us with her young children. She introduced the man with her as her finance and the other child with them as her step child. We had a friendly chat with her before running into a man that Gary used to work with and his 3 grandchildren, and the man who sold us the new dryer that currently refuses to work. [foot stomping!] The fact that there are 8 of us makes it hard enough to get out of a restaurant, but stopping so many times to say hello makes it nearly impossible (and almost like a Norman Rockwell painting :-) ).

No comments: