About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

It’s funny, something will happen and I will think, “I should put this on the blog.” Somehow my brain reads this as, “I put this on my blog,” and I never think about it again.

While camping we stopped at an estate sale and I picked up a Coleman lantern for a dollar. I have no idea what happened to the two Coleman lanterns that we used to own, but they are long gone and the lanterns that we had been using did not give off enough light for my liking. The only problem with the $1 lantern was that the globe needed replacing. I picked up a new globe at Evil Mart for $8, but it didn’t fit. Rose suggested going into Aubuchon and playing the role of stupid woman. I didn’t even need to go there because two steps into the door a man came over and asked how he could help me. I showed him the broken lantern. “Globes are over here…nope, I moved them,” he said as he grabbed my lantern and went off to get me a new globe. He took the lantern apart and made sure that the globe fit before asking me for $2.12. I almost did a happy jig right there. Then I asked if he has a 2-gallon Igloo jug with a spigot. He said that he would check out back and when he didn’t find it, I believed that there wasn’t one in the store, unlike the super hardware store where and employee would tell me that it didn’t exist and then I would find it on my own minutes later. I love Aubuchon. Aubuchon rocks.

And because three people asked me today, Respite means “and interval of rest or relief.” The kids that are coming are already in foster care and will come visit with us for 48 hours, then go back “home” with their foster family. My understanding is that there is a great need for respite homes, but we were also understanding there to be a great need for foster and adoptive homes as well. I think it would be cool to do only respite care. We could be like the grandparents who have all the fun, load kids up with sugar then send them home!

No comments: