About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Friday, May 02, 2008

WHERE HAS KERRY BEEN?

The homeschooling is going swimmingly well. Having the kids home is so nice. They both seem more relaxed and connected.

The only thing* I seem to be struggling with is trying to fit in too much, and adding more when something gets completed. I'm attempting to come up with (and stick with) a lesson plan to cure this. It seems like we are going along well, and I feel like we have a good handle on what we hope to accomplish and what we need to do to make it happen.

Gary decided to flip our room with the girls room, giving us the addition that was supposed to be the girl's room last year. I was hugely reactive when it was suggested, and spent the day away as it was happening. I don't know why I was so attached to my room. The first night wasn't great because I kept thinking that I was staring at the wall where Anna and Amy's bed's had been, but that area has since been filled in with our furniture and now the room feels great. Perfect actually. Our stuff fits in really well, and our old bedroom is so much better suited to Katherine and Molly's needs.

*That isn't exactly true. I'm also struggling with using every second of time I have coming up with lessons and free material online, then creating documents with what I find. I don't quite have a handle on that yet, but as we go along I think it will be easier for me to discern what's important as far as material goes.

No comments: