About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Sunday, May 04, 2008

CUSTOMER APPRECIATION DAY

We were invited to a Customer Appreciation Day with a company for whom I used to work, and of whom we happen to have been rather good customers. My career with them was just getting started when I left. I believe that they felt as I did, that I had great potential in that particular arena and put in a little extra effort with me. When I left it was very awkward.

When my former coworker called to invite us she asked how many tickets we would need and I told her six. She gave us eight, and called later to tell us that we NEEDED eight. She insisted, you had FOUR kids, Adopted TWO, plus you and Gary makes eight. Right. Except, we didn't adopt the girls. Sigh. Anyway, the tickets already had our name on them so she told us to invite friends.

It was a little awkward when we got there because I'm not sure everyone knew exactly who I was; I looked familiar, but it's been almost 9 years. They had a very nice spread and we had a very nice time. They gave us all tickets when we walked in for a raffle.

Noah's friend won a stuffed dog. Matthew won a duffel bag. Then Joshua won an umbrella. Noah won another stuffed dog. Katherine won another duffel bag. Then I sheepishly raised my hand to claim my umbrella. Everyone but Gary won something. I think there were only three other prizes that didn't go to our family. It became awkward all over again. Oh well. At least we had a great time! And those bags and umbrellas sure will come in handy!

No comments: