About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Saturday, February 23, 2008

GUEST BLOGGER: GANNET

Hello All: This is Gannet and I am on "vacation" with my family and Kerry and her gang. We had a very interesting start to the few days away with messed up reservations and someone in our group was accused of being volatile but we got passed all that and didn't need any bail money. We are having lots of fun and eating way too many cookies!

Hey, it's me, Kerry. Our reservation was entered incorrectly so they refused to give us the room that we had reserved, even though they had our desired room available, because after all, how do we think it would feel if we arrived and they didn't honor our reservation. When we kindly explained that we in fact understood all too well how that felt, we were accused of being hostile and volatile. Whatever lady. I assure you, we were neither hostile or volatile, just reasonable, and that REALLY pissed her off. Then they yelled at us for taking cookies without using the tongs, but EVERYONE else was NOT using the tongs and NOT being yelled at!

Other than the rough start, we are having a blast. Today we left 80% of the children with the Dad's and Gannet and I went out shopping. I filled two huge bags with $538 worth of merchandise and paid only $72.88. I assure you I did nothing illegal. :)

All night long I wondered how we could "mess" with the crazy lady from behind the desk as though I was 14 again. Pathetically, all I could come up with was to steal the tongs. I fear someone beat me to it because today, there are no tongs out with the cookies.

No comments: