About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

FLORIDA HERE WE COME!

Gary and I were discussing how long the kids had off from school. It's a week and a half. Almost two weeks, which it occurred to me is plenty of time to get to Florida and back. The only thing holding us back was money, so I devised a plan. We would drive to the gas station, buy a lottery ticket and use the winnings to finance the trip. What a brilliant plan! We talked about the minimum amount we would need and agreed that $500 would be the breaking point. We decided that we would load all the presents into the van, get some crucial paperwork done that evening and leave first thing in the morning. We wondered briefly where we would all sleep, but I assured Gary that details such as those would work themselves out. I was excited. Gary was excited. We were leaving for Florida in the morning!!! Having just been to the post office to drop off our packages I found it very entertaining that we would arrive in Florida BEFORE our packages, and I briefly regretted mailing them. Unfortunately we were $496 short of our goal and so here I sit, gifts still in hiding, paperwork incomplete. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

2 comments:

Tudu said...

We day dream about the lottery in such detail that one of our older girls a few years ago really thought we were going to win and became very upset when we had the wrong numbers. SHe had already had it in her mind she was off to travel the world. LOL

Kerry said...

Okay, the theory of the day is that we are canceling each other out with out lottery aspirations. What we need to do is but a ticket together and combine our lottery winner powers!