About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I HAVE THE GREATEST FRIENDS!

And their husbands rock too!

Tonight I went back to the doctor to check my blood pressure. The office called and asked if I could come in two and a half hours early. It seems that their whole afternoon canceled and I was the last appointment. The doctor told me she was at my disposal until tomorrow morning. Since today was the day I was planning on going into labor I thought I should solidify my plans.

A while back (when I was still worried about the girls not having a plan and wondering if I would go to the hospital at all) I was complaining to a friend about not knowing where Matthew would go during the day because everyone I know works. She offered to take the day off and hang out with him when the time came. The only day that she would be unavailable would be tomorrow. Then her husband offered to stay home with him instead. What an awesome offer!

However I figured that I should have another back up plan, just in case. So I called another friend and got her husband on the phone. He seemed concerned that I was calling and when I told him I was just calling to "make a plan" he called his wife at work and told her to call me right away. She isn't able to be available tomorrow, so he said that he would take the day off to be home with Matthew, and if I don't have the baby tonight, he will drive in to work (as opposed to taking the transport van) so he can leave on a moments notice to be home for us. How incredibly awesome are these people?!?!?!

Of course you all know how hard it is for me to admit that I need, let alone ASK for help, and now I am feeling 100 different kinds of guilty that so many people are going so far out of their way for us. And as ridiculous as it sounds, if he drives in to work tomorrow and I don't have the baby I will feel like such a heel. I already do.

No comments: