About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

At 5 am this morning I was thinking about all the reasons that I have not yet gone into labor. Aside from waiting for house guests to leave so I can relax and be with my family, and not be so concerned about turkey (for goodness sake!), it occurred to me that my subconscious and my inner child (a 2 year old) must be one in the same.

As much as the conscious me doesn't want to be the center of attention, the 2 year old can't get enough. See, to go to the hospital with a doctor present to have a baby is just so normal, and normal just isn't me. In order to crazy things up a bit I have to wait until I am overdue enough to make everyone around me crazy. Isn't this fun?

I have to admit, it is a little bit fun to answer the question, "When are you due?" with "Two weeks ago!" It really does make people go nuts!

In other non pregnancy related news we had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner. I insisted on the turkey being overcooked for safety so I don't think anyone other than me actually ate any, but everything else was excellent. We did eat some pie last night and it was fabulous. We did not eat the pumpkin pie because Noah felt strongly that it needed to be saved for Thanksgiving, but he did willingly partake of the other pies, interestingly enough.

1 comment:

Yondalla said...

Makes sense...although you and I would probably not get along with turkeys. I hate for them to be dried out. At my house it works like this: I insist that it is done and get it out of the oven. My husband then cuts enough off the top of the bird for us to eat for dinner and demonstrates to me that the lower half of the bird is in fact not done.

Then we all eat the meat from the top while the rest of the turkey continues to cook.

But I gotta tell you, I expected you to go into labor on Thanksgiving.

Now I suppose you will have to wait for Christmas.