About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Friday, May 18, 2007

PERHAPS CALLING IT "THE BIG SCARY MEETING" IS PART OF THE PROBLEM!

The big scary meeting is today. Deep breath. I am prepared, as well as I can be without actually knowing the agenda, but my stomach is completely freaking out. It will not listen to my demands to settle down. My first thought is, “I need a cup of coffee to calm down.” Then I remember that coffee is most likely part of the problem. Ugh. What do people do to settle nerves? Alcohol? If I had even half a glass of wine I would completely not care about the meeting, but it’s probably best if I do not arrive to the big scary meeting intoxicated. Seriously, what is the magic bean?
Last summer I took a public speaking class. My first assignment was to give a 3 minute speech about making applesauce. I FREAKED out. Now, I have no idea why. It seems silly to me now that I was so nervous, but I am feeling the same way now. I know when it was over I will laugh at how nervous I was feeling, but that doesn’t help me now to not feel it. Deep breath. In. Out. Repeat.
Still freaking out.

No comments: