About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Friday, May 04, 2007

ANOTHER MIRACLE!

We have a second miracle in our house today.

The State had decided that even though our sitter has been working for us for years and happens to be one of the most responsible people I have ever met she is not fit to baby sit because she is not 18. In exactly seven months we have been out alone exactly ZERO times.

This weekend the girls have not only agreed to, but are excited about going to respite. (H has actually made up a little song and dance “I’m going to respite, uh huh, uh huh, uh huh!”) When everyone gets off the bus we are getting into the car to drive them to their weekend home. Then, and here is the miracle part, we have a sitter coming so Gary and I can go out to dinner. WOO HOO!

It’s all a little overwhelming and I am very sad that the girls are leaving, but I think this will be a positive experience for all. (A pointed out that she has never spent a night away from us. Here come the tears!)

No comments: