About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Monday, March 19, 2007

INTENSE

This afternoon we were shopping at one of the best stores EVER! www.mardenssurplus.com As I came around a corner I passed an older couple. She was saying something about having done too much already for “her” children and he was agreeing with her. Then there was this very weird moment where he stopped and made eye contact with me, then asked, as though he knew me, “Hello, how ARE you?” I cautiously replied, “Fine, and you?” and kept walking. I continued my hunting and the kids and I were a few aisles away when he appeared very intensely right in front of me! “Hello,” he began again, “Do you have a worship home?” He was blocking my path, and so friggin INTENSE! “We are ALL SET THANK YOU VERY MUCH!” I said while trying to maneuver around him. “Well, I’m the pastor of a church right here in Waterville!” I smiled in my nicest BACK THE HELL AWAY FROM ME SMILE, and said nothing. Writing this all out now, it seems so silly, so inconsequential, but I was SHAKEN to the core. Maybe I’m just a wimp, but what on earth made this man think it was okay to get in my face and ask me where I worship an entity I don’t even believe in?

After talking with Gary, we figured out that what was so scary is that this guy was a “God Warrior” and willing to “go to war for Jesus!” Can you imagine if I said that I didn’t have a worship home, or God Forbid said, “I’m not a Christian?” His head might have started spinning!

In other news, all the fish are dead. I am really upset about it. A few days ago they all seemed just fine and even social, then today, all dead. Well, not technically. One is still “technically” alive, but looking so much like death that Gary wondered aloud if he should be flushed to relieve his suffering. I refused to answer, and I do not want to talk about it.

No comments: