About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Yesterday I went out to the porch to get my black shoes. There was a huge spider web completely covering them. It was quite impressive, and certainly wasn’t there the night before. So I grabbed a paper towel and took care of the web. I watched as the spider retreated into my right shoe. I tried to shake him out but that made him go further in so I put the shoe out on the steps in the hopes that he would make his escape. A short time later I told Gary about my spider issue and asked him to please get it out of my shoe. After a thorough inspection he declared the right shoe to be spider free. I went to the porch to grab the left shoe and said, “watch the spider be in this shoe now!” Well guess what? The not so itsy bitsy spider climbed off the steps and around the porch in order to inhabit my left shoe! I of course screamed as I threw the shoe across the kitchen causing the spider the flee the shoe for the safety of the baseboard. Well, at least my shoe is spider free. Can’t say the same for the kitchen!

The kids are enjoying school so far. They all like their teachers and have many friends in their classes. The only problem that we are having is that both schools let out at the same time, so someone is left waiting as I make my way across town.

Noah and Katherine, thanks to the Flylady, decided to fling boogie their rooms and sell the mass of stuffed animals to raise money to pay for clothes for the special animals that came from Build-a-Bear. They set up a table by the road and prepared to sell hundreds of animals. Noah decided to call a friend to come to his sale, and it’s a good thing because he and his sister were the best customers they had! I was a little confused that the money didn’t seem to add up to the animals sold, but I later found out that Katherine didn’t quite understand the concept of making change. If someone gave her a dollar, she would give them 50 cents back, and if someone gave her 50 cents, she would give them back a dollar! They both have been enjoying having so much money to spend at the thrift and dollar store.

We have the boys this weekend until Monday night. Today we walked all around downtown, so I am extra tired. Someone should design a stroller for the adults to sit in while the children push them. That would make much more sense.

No comments: