About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Friday, July 21, 2006

I have been blogging for a year now. Feel free to send flowers to congratulate me. Chocolate might be nice too.

I just spent way too much time searching for things that don’t matter at all. Damn Google!

Tonight we had R (the kids dance teacher) and her family over for dinner. We intended to barbecue but the torrential downpours put a crimp in that plan. We cooked burgers indoors which I hate to do, but they were yummy and Gary and I really enjoyed the visit. The kids had fun too and played so well together that we hardly even knew they were here. I think I shared a few too many crazy family/crazy neighbor stories but I hope that I made up for it with my charm. We talked a bit about how ballroom dancing is so “in” right now, and I’m confused, because we aren’t doing it. How can these people be enjoying themselves if we aren’t there? Don’t worry folks, we hope to have regular childcare for lessons this fall, then dancing will really take off!

So this is the time that I would have been due. Interestingly I wrote weeks 4 through 18 on my calendar, then skipped all the rest with the exception of 39/40. Isn’t that weird? Anyway, what was my point? Oh, I was going to write out the list that I made in my caffeine stupor shortly after I thought that I might die.

Alternate between hiring a sitter and going out to dinner and hosting families in our home every weekend.

Play Bingo every 6 weeks (that one seems really foolish now!)

Learn to speak Spanish

Take regular ballroom dance lessons

Allow kids to have a sleepover here every third weekend

Learn to play the piano

Host weekly family nights

Go back to school

Develop pictures

Limit TV to early hours.

That’s it. That was my “I looked death in the eye and survived” must do list. Let’s count together how many things I can cross off. Onnnn….okay, one. I did complete another semester of school. Now I am saying that I will implement the plan in September. And I have developed pictures since then so I am going to say two. Two thing from my list of 11. (Ten if you count the weekend thing as one, then that gives me a 20% follow through rate, and that is better than nothing)!

Anonymous, you will be happy to know that Consumers did not rate Sonnys well. Fourtunatly we know better.

If you don’t mind I would like to know a few things:


1. Where is this “southern utopia” of which you speak?
2. What the hell is a rockaway burger?
3. Is Cici’s a pizza joint?
4. Have you not ever been to an amusement park?
5. Are you saying that inflation is a northern issue?
6. Do you think that we should let the disabled LIVE?

No comments: