About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Tonight we went to Colby to see a Film about the “W” community through and the importance of the bingo hall. It was an awesome film and the makers have been asked to enter it into the MIFF. The film did a great job of showing what a great community we have here. The two main characters were an 89 year old woman (who will turn 90 tomorrow!) and her much younger (70 perhaps?) friend. The older woman’s daughter and son in law were up from Tennessee and during the Q&A the son in law said that Bingo has just been outlawed in his community (being all sinful!) and he would like a copy of the film to send to the law makers. Readers of The End of Faith will share in my outrage and disappointment! Joshua recognized the younger friend as the woman who gave he and Matthew a dollar each at Big G’s Deli a week ago. It was really neat to see all the still life images of our town. It makes me want to put together a collection of images that are of importance to us, like the playground and library.

Joshua, Matthew and I have been biking all over town. It offers a different perspective, which is nice. I like that every time we go I am better able to negotiate the hills. Of course we keep dropping in at Ken-e-set and that means coming home with more (but very cheap) junk. Today I got Rack-o and Royal Game of Sumer; an ancient game of skill and chance, and lots of dinosaurs and a ball for Matthew. Joshua bought a much sought after type writer and has been typing up credit card offers for Noah and Katherine all day. His company seems good on the surface but I did over hear that he has strict penalties for canceling before a year is up.

We heard back about the van. $1500. It will come with a 6 month 6000 mile warranty so that will be enough time to trade up, but the reality of the matter is that once we have the van back I won’t be willing to take on a car payment as I am only willing to incur debt in desperation.
There. I hope the last two days will be enough to satisfy my more voracious readers. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You went to Big G's without me! How could you?!!!

HH

Anonymous said...

Here in Tennessee there are some people who think everything short of going to church is sinful!