About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Sunday, May 21, 2006

I almost forgot to tell you that we had the cats arrested! The calico went on Thursday and no one noticed. The gray mother went this morning, about the time they noticed that the first one was missing (three days later!). Part time girl asked the people across the street if they had seen it. He told her that he had seen it earlier in the week (he left out the part about it being in the back of the animal control van at the time!). She then asked us and we told her they were at the pound. The neighbor came flying over yelling at Gary for not warning her. He reminded her that she had been warned THREE separate times. She worried that the kittens wouldn’t be okay without the mother. Gary kindly told her that was her concern, not his. His first concern was keeping his child from eating cat poop, and that the time for acting on her concern for the kittens had long since passed. Keeping in mind that these are the same kittens who were in danger of loosing their mother because she scratched children who tried to mess with the kittens so they might “just bottle feed them.” And the same kittens whose mother was locked out of the house away from them for 10+ hours a day. My hope is that they will drop the kittens off to be with the mother in the morning.
I also forgot to tell you that we went to Big G’s this afternoon. Gary ordered an omelet with hash that came with corned beef instead. I ordered a small chocolate chip pancake for Katherine and a small pumpkin pancake for Noah. The chocolate chip pancake was about 10” and the pumpkin pancake only 6”. When I questioned them I was told that I ordered ONE small pumpkin and one SMALL chocolate chip. My mistake. They couldn’t fix Gary’s omelet because they ran out of hash (suspicious) so they refunded our money, and that was nice. I gave some of the SMALL chocolate pancake to Matthew so it all evened out.

No comments: