About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Tomato Hell

I am entirely sure that no one in my family is reading my blog. Weird. If any of them had a blog I would be all over it.

Joshua wanted to make ketchup, so we went out and bought 30+ pounds of tomatoes. This morning was spent blanching, pealing, coring and quartering said tomatoes. At some point he decided that he had had enough and went to clean out the van while the tomatoes cooked, and cooked, and are in fact still cooking as I write, at quarter to 11 at night!

I mixed up a little bit into ketchup, and while I loved the flavor, it wasn’t at all Heinz-y, so I mixed some into sauce and it was really good, so in the morning I will convince him to let me can it as sauce for pizza.

We still have another ½ bushel of apples to contend with. We had been planning to make and freeze pies but I keep running low on time. I can’t do any more applesauce. Even Gary who LOVES applesauce said we have way too much as it is. What else can I do with my apples?

I met my friend’s mother the other day. She has numerous years of experience with DHHS, and her advice was to stop pining for Ashley, believe what our worker is saying because she has our interests at heart, and added that our child isn’t going to come to us through a photo listing, but more likely will be the result of a neighbor of a friend who will know somebody who needs someone to adopt their child. This particular scenario is unlikely, but I got what she was telling us. More waiting.

Several years ago Katherine and I were in the grocery store and walked by a lady trying to reach and object in the back of the top shelf. I hoisted Katherine up on my shoulder and asked her to reach the item for the lady. Katherine was quite happy to have helped someone. As we were leaving the store the lady came up to us to give Katherine a box of ice cream bars to say thank you. She still talks about this, specifically the ice cream that was all paid for.

We are contemplating moving everyone’s bedroom around so that my room will become Katherine and Noah’s room, Katherine’s room will be Joshua’s, The playroom will be ours, and the boys room will be for the new kids. Could you follow that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, just to prove you wrong, I am reading these to keep up with you all.

Dad

Anonymous said...

We are contemplating moving everyone’s bedroom around so that my room will become Katherine and Noah’s room, Katherine’s room will be Joshua’s, The playroom will be ours, and the boys room will be for the new kids. Could you follow that?

1) I follow
2) What about Matthew?
3) Kids? As in more than one kid?