About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

We have been invited to Dave’s for the weekend. Not including our family there will be 7 adults and 8 children. Yikes. I would like to go and see everyone but I am fearful that we won’t have anyplace to sleep! With the price of fuel combined with the super inefficient fuel economy of our van we will be mortgaging the house to afford the trip. I remember buying gas with pocket change (literally) and it would be enough to travel around for a day or two. Now I put $5 into the Blazer and the fuel light doesn’t even blink. How scary is that!

The home study had been completed and we are waiting for it to be typed. Thank you to our friends who helped us with that process. We have decided to provide weekend respite care for the little girl who stole our hearts online and (hopefully) adopt another child. It is hard waiting to meet “our kid.” At least when I have been pregnant we can prepare knowing we will soon have an infant in the house, but with this process all we know is that it will be a girl. Beyond that we have no idea!

School starts for me in less than two weeks. Oh my. People keep assuring me that it won’t be that bad but I am terrified about the A&P class. Why am I doing this again?

Matthew has reached the super adorable age of a year and a half. He likes to sing (a lot!) and dance. His favorite game is chase, and he really likes it when we chase him then hide while he is running away. When he looks for us we say “RAH!” and he goes crazy with the giggles! Too bad kids can’t stay in their cute phases forever. It seems like the only reason they even have the cute phases is so you will have fond memories of them and not kill them when they go through all the other stages!

I need to go grocery shopping again. It seems like it is never ending. I have always “Just” returned from the store or “need” to go. When I win my 100 million I think I will hire someone to plan meals and keep the panty well stocked. I wonder if I’ll do any cooking at all? Maybe I’ll bake the occasional cake or cookies, but I certainly won’t think about the grocery ever again!

No comments: