About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Monday, July 25, 2005

We drove down to the city for Joshua’s appointment with the nurse in the neurology department. ON the highway the van began to shake and sputter and got so bad that we had to pull off to find a repair shop. The first place we came to was too bust to help, and the van died in their lot. Luckily it started back up and we were able to drive to the next shop. The super nice people there hooked up their computer and said the can was just in need of a tune up, but it was perfectly safe to drive and most likely would self correct. Back on the highway we went.

We arrived about 30 minutes late and I was so afraid that they wouldn’t see us. I told the secretary who we were and she took all my paper work right out of my hands. I told her that I hadn’t finished with it yet but she apparently would rather have it blank then not at all. Then she begins to get frustrated that I gave it to her prior to filling it out completely. I told her again that I hadn’t finished with it, and that is why I didn’t hand it to her. I took a few minutes to finish it and then she informs me that his appointment isn’t until Tuesday, but would I rather come back another day. I explain that I am having a rather bad day and I will need to call to reschedule. I had already been calculating the fuel costs of our trip. She then asks for my name and phone number. I tell her that it is all over the papers that I just completed. She says, okay, what is your phone number? I tell her it is the same as the one on the four pieces of paper in her hand.

Then I needed to literally pry a toy from Matthew’s hand to get him into the elevator. Can you say bad day?
We ended up going over to the mall for a coffee, and to check out the Ab Lounge. Gary and I are seriously considering purchasing one. Then we drove up to LL Bean and I picked up a few shirts, and we all enjoyed $20 worth of Ben and Jerry’s, which may sound like a lot of ice cream, but let me assure you it is not! Kiddy cones for the kids, a shake for Gary and a small cup for me, twenty dollars!

No comments: