About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Traveling and Diet

The primary reason that I don't blog is that I don't really know what exactly to blog about. We are no longer fostering, aren't planning on adopting right now, gave up couponing...therefore I have nothing interesting to share. I guess I'll try really hard just to write about my boring life.

We have a leave date that is coming up faster than I can believe. The preparations are crazy hard. We've gone back and forth about towing our van, trading our van in for a mini van to tow, buying a really old cheap tow vehicle, and towing a trailer. At this point we would prefer to tow nothing, but in the process of doing our due diligence to prepare for towing we discovered that our motor home is at maximum weight BEFORE loading anything into it. We still have some leeway with combined vehicle weight (motor home plus whatever it's towing) so a trailer loaded with our things will lower the weight of the motor home. See? Getting ready is going to be the death of me!

By the way, I've tried to contact the manufacturer regarding the discrepancy with the weight, and three people told me that it was a great question and promised to transfer me to someone who could answer it, but the trail ended at a machine and thus far no one has returned my call.

Everyone wants to know where we are headed first. At this point, I have no idea. Weather is going to play a huge role in the decision, as will the date that we actually leave (we just dropped a commitment that may allow us to leave a week earlier than planned, IF we can be ready in time).

The vegan diet has been going amazingly well. My food cravings have completely disappeared, and Gary and I have both lost at least 10 pounds each. I had some issues with soy so I've had to take it out of my diet (can't give up my Bragg's though!) so figuring out what I'm going to eat and what I'm going to feed the kids is still a challenge, but there is really nothing that I'm missing.

Life is good!

No comments: