About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

ALONE

Last night Gary took the kids upstairs to watch a movie that he had recorded for them. I think it was the original Superman. I told him that he needed to take the baby because I was in a grumpy mood and really needed a few minutes of calm, but promised to retrieve her after my bath.

When I went to get her she had fallen asleep, so I left her with them. I went down and finished cleaning up from supper. Then I read a little, and then I even did some prep work on the computer. It did feel as though at any point the quiet could go away, but while it lasted, I LOVED it.

It occurred to me that I haven't been alone in my house in years. Literally. I miss it a little bit. I certainly take time for myself by going out, taking baths, or even naps as necessary, but there is something so wonderful about being alone in your own house. Freedom. As I cleaned, I didn't answer question after question, as I read, an entire sentence absorbed without interruption.

I didn't realize how much I was craving some time alone. Now I need more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I please borrow Gary for a few days?