About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Friday, February 08, 2008

TEMPERING

While I was writing that post last night Gary headed up to bed. I handed Molly off and asked him to deliver her to bed. And by "bed" I meant HER bed, in the bassinet, which is next to MY bed. I finished writing and headed up myself, only to find Miss Molly snuggled up in my spot, in my bed.

"What happend?" I asked. "I thought you were going to put her to bed?"

"I got nervous," he answered. "I wanted to be able to see her."

I admitted that I had my own little freak out recently, and told him the details. He was HORRIFIED that I didn't let him freak out with me. Gary is always asking me if she is breathing and I am always telling him that "OF COURSE SHE IS BREATHING!" And in my head: "I do not want to be thinking about this!"

He does this with other things as well. "Is that child going to choke on that gum?" ("Boy I hope not!") "Don't be silly!" In fact, in our relationship I tend to under react to temper his over reactions. Like the time Joshua was having an anaphalatic reaction...but that's another story.

"So when we were out walking and I kept asking you if she was okay and you made it sound like I was overreacting..."

Yes, Gary was overreacting. Not me. I wasn't overreacting. I was freaking out!

I moved Molly into her bassinet where she slept soundly until precisely two seconds after I fell asleep. Then she woke, hungry. I picker her up and mumbled something about terrible timing and how unfair this lack of sleep is to me. Then I held her close as she nursed, her sweet little perfect chubby face pressed against my breast. I am in heaven, so in love with this perfect little being.

1 comment:

Yondalla said...

I've been trying to think of soemthing comforting to say, but I can't.

I'm thinking about you though.

((HUGS))