About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

FOOD CO OP

So many people have asked about Serve so I thought that I would give some detail here. From what I can see Serve is little more than a food co op that requires volunteer services from their members. Essentially anyone can start a co op and require what ever they want from the members, so just because there isn't a Serve where you live doesn't mean you can't do something similar.

The other food thing, (the 16 cents a pound deal) that's local only and from what I understand, wait listed. Perhaps you could start a program like this where you live. Imagine what a blessing it would be to all these foster families who aren't even getting their subsidies.

Now I feel a little guilty about getting my subsidy AND 16 cent food.

No comments: