About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

THE BIRTHDAY PARTY


The birthday cookout was a success. Only three kids in tears and one hiding under the table, but since none were the birthday child I’d say that’s as close to perfect as one could hope for!

Most of the tears were the result of the piñata breaking on the second child. Who ever heard of such a thing? In our house we are accustomed to all the children getting two goes at it, then the adults all get a few hits, then finally the chainsaw finishes things off. It didn’t even occur to us that a piñata might be broken by one of the children. How odd.

We had an overabundance of food, but it was all so yummy. Pesto pasta, potato salad, pasta salad, shishkabobs, grilled chicken, pepper-onion-sausage hoagies, and hot dogs. You would not even believe the amount of food we had left over. Then we had strawberry shortcake and cupcakes to finish it all off. Some of the shortcake was undercooked and tasted exactly like cookie dough….Oh. My. Gosh!

On Sunday I handed Katherine a package of thank you notes along with the list of who gave her what and before I knew it she was done writing and addressing them all, completely sealed before I could peek at what she wrote. I am amazed and so proud of her for doing it all by herself.

No comments: