About Me

I am the mother to 6 children and former foster mother to 2. I am passionate about whatever it is I am passionate about, until I change my mind. I dream big, plan big, and once in a while I even make it big. We are planning to take our freak show on the road. Join us as we embark on a new adventure!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Humpday

It's Wednesday, and the week is half over. I'm not sure why it matters with the kids out of school but the days still have a feel.

As soon as I am sufficiently motivated I will be going to the grocery. Then dropping Katherine at Nicholle's for a play date. I really like her Mom, Joanne. It's not often that I feel comfortable letting my kids play away from home, but I even let Katherine have an overnight there, and she had a blast!

This afternoon we have our first meeting with the homestudy social worker. I think we are both feeling nervous and I'm not quite sure why. I know that there isn't anything to hide, but everyone has said that it feels very invasive and we do value our privacy. I'm trying not to go out of our way to pick up the house. I just want to be normal.

Joshua has been wanting his own room, and it would be really easy to have him trade space with Katherine, but I am worried about what will happen when we adopt. I think it would be more disruptive for him to have to give up having his own room. On the other hand it could be a year before we are at that point. How much should we alter our lives right now?

Tomorrow Karen is coming for an overnight visit. She will be up in Orono for a work project and will visit with us on her way through town. It will be really nice to see her. I like visiting with people one on one and really talking. When there are large groups I find it hard to really connect and find out what is going on in someone's life.

No comments: